States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Getting to meet my grandson Toby!!

Gabe and I headed back to Illinois this weekend. We left around 2 pm on Friday. Gabe took his girl friend Bobbi back home. She liked Florida but got home sick for her family. I needed to get my Driver's Licenses renewed, they were due to expire in July on my b'day. The most important part of the visit was! I finally got to meet my grandson Toby!!! Well you can at least see him. As you can see in these other pictures, my little princess didn't want her Grandma getting her picture taken with Toby.


Hailey hid her face when we tried to get a picture of us, then as you can see in this picture, she wasn't happy that her mom was taking pictures even though she didn't want them taken.

When we first got there, she came running to me and i hugged and kissed her like she likes for me to do. Then she asked if i wanted to see it ... LOL Meaning her brother Toby. I said sure, so like a proud sister she took me where her mom was nursing him. So i continued to play with Hailey while Toby was nursing. When Toby got done nursing i held him. Well that was okay for about 2 secs and then she wanted me to put him down. LOL Her mom told her to wait a few minutes and let Grandma hold Toby, that grandma hasn't held or seen him like they
have. Well that lasted 2 secs and she asked me if i was done .. LOL

Hailey was not happy and i didn't want her to be jealous so i handed Toby over to his uncle Gabe who hadn't seen him yet either. I went and played with Hailey and she wanted me to chase her, catch her and give her kisses that she didn't want. It's our little game we play.

After we played a bit, Hailey decided that Uncle Gabe had held Toby long enough as well and it was his turn to play with her. I did manage to snap a few pictures before he had to go play. Uncle Gabe is already teaching Toby to shake his fist and say, i will punch you Hailey ... LOL Hailey thought that was funny.





While uncle Gabe was playing with Hailey, i got the chance to spend some Grandma time with Toby! I could of held him like this forever. He is so precious. He looks a lot like his big sister did when she was his age. I can see that he is going to be a blondie like his daddy. Grandma thinks he is the most precious little man in the world! Grandma has nicked named him her little man. Now i have a princess and a little man.

It was a wonderful day getting to visit my grandchildren. It was an amazing day and no matter how miles apart we are, i love my grandchildren so much!! Unfortunately it was coming to the time we had to say goodbye and once again we tried to get Hailey to take a picture with Grandma and Toby. Here is the final results.











Hailey still wasn't too happy about Toby being in the pictures with Grandma or Grandma holding Toby. In the first 2 pictures i'm begging her for grandma and she of course says no! The 3rd picture i'm tickling her, and finally, as you can see, we got a somewhat decent picture, but she refused to smile. That's okay Hailey grandma loves all your silly faces. Grandma think it's going to take a bit of getting used to.

Here is Hailey playing her keyboard she got for Christmas. She had to show grandma she can play Mary has a little lamb! I just had to record her.

No comments: