States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, April 25, 2008

Planting flowers!

I got up this morning and did the dishes, took the dogs out and decided to go out and finish planting flowers. I have several trays of flowers left I need to do something with. I was working in my flower bed when John (the grounds keeper) stopped by and we got to talking and the conversation came up about the left over flowers. He said my neighbor behind wanted some but isn't able to do them. We talked and agreed we'd do it for him. He had some top soil and went and got it and some boards. He built the flower bed and then we planted the rest of the flowers for Jim. Jim came out and loved them. It is a beautiful day here. There is a nice breeze and the sun is shining! I also took some pictures of all the flowers today. Hope you enjoy and as they grow and become more beautiful i will post more pictures of them.

Thursday, April 24th,

I didn't do much today, i got up and did my usual morning routine and then just lazied around the camper. I just spent the day inside watching the tube. I did cook dinner. I made a pasta salad and then later i fixed baked tators and beef steaks on the grill for dinner.
After dinner I took a walk. After I got back i was sitting outside enjoying the beautiful night air. Jo and Judy, 2 of the ladies here stopped by to visit with me and we had a great visit. After visiting an hour or so, it was getting close to bed time. It was another great day living the full-time life style.
Wednesday, April 23rd,

I got up this morning and did my morning routine, then after lunch i went and enjoyed the pool. It's a nice breezy warm day here. A great day for swimming. Jo the neighbor lady joined me in the pool and we had a nice visit.

Gabe is working as a land scaper and they had some left over flowers that they were going to throw away. Being the good son, he can be he told his boss that his mom loved flowers and he'd take them home to me. He brought the flowers home and we got permission from the ground keeper to plant them.

So we headed off to wal-mart to purchase some top soil and of course we had to get some other flowers to plant as well. I like my flower garden to be an assortment of flowers. We got home and Gabe went to work. He got the ground ready, added the soil and began planting. (sorry never thought to take his picture) . While Gabe planted flowers i cooked dinner on the grill. I put some potatoes, butter and touch of garlic in some foil and put them on the grill. When they were close to being done i put the steaks on the grill. I bought this great seasoning for meal. It's called Dale's and i put it on the meat about 1 hour before grilling and it's great stuff!

No comments: