States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Dreary Week


Okay what i have been doing all week? Well let's see .. Nothing ......
I was without Internet for a couple of days. The server was down.

So i filled in the void of Internet by watching TV land, i love those old time shows. I Love Lucy is one of my favorites, plus I've been trying to do some file organizing on my computer. Yes it's hard to believe how organized i am, my computer is not !! Reading another good romance novel, although this book is rather thick and is going to take awhile to get through.

The dogs have been getting me up 5 am in the morning to go potty. Ughhhh .... It has really turned my routine upside down. Thursday i slept until 10 am!! With my injury i don't sleep more the 2-3 hours and then it takes me a bit to get back to sleep. Plus i am not an early to bed person. I am usually in bed around 11 pm or later, I'm usually back up around 2 am for potty break and position change, usually back to sleep around 3-3.30 am and now I'm back up around 5 am, usually back in bed by 6 am and asleep by around 6.30 am. Then I'm almost always back up around 8 am for the rest of the day. Here lately i have been requiring more sleep.

Well nothing really exciting has happened this week, it's actually been a very dreary week. Lots of rain, although the locals were glad to see it come. They say that the area is actually below their water level.
It seems like it has rained everyday since I've been here. Of course it hasn't but not many days have gone by without some rain. Although the rain does cool down the temps so that is good.

Thursday we had some very heavy rain, i decided to take some pictures. This is what i saw out my window.




This is picture of the puddle in my front yard, see the rain drops still falling?


Here is how much rain we had, look at my awning, it was pouring off by the bucket full.






We got so much rain in such a short time i had water almost to the RV door. See my lawn chair which is sitting under the awning near the door. Yes, all that water is from the rain!!





No matter which direction i would need to escape out of the RV i would had to of tread water. It was everywhere!! The road was even almost covered. The worst part was on Friday it rained most of the day and the same thing happened again.






Today (Saturday) the sun is shining and it's back to hot and humid
I'm ready for their fall weather. Although i hear it's still a month or so away.





I needed to cash a check and boy was that an experience trying to get a check cashed. Wow, I had to go inside the bank and had to put my thumb print on the check after signing and showing 2 forms of photo id. Wow ..... it sure is getting harder to cash a check. Then I had to wait and make sure that the company had a wavier or they would have charged me $5 bucks!




What is our country coming to when you now have to pay to have a check cashed that is wrote out on that bank? No wonder so many banks are being built .. their robbing the American people!! With all their fees, everything has a fee. checking accounts used to be free, now you have to keep so much in the account or be charged fees for with drawling, writing checks and even moving money from one account to another ... okay if enough of my soap box, i guess I'm just frustrated that our country has gone so far in the toilet and we the American people sit back and let it happen ...


Okay so now you know what my week has been ... Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: