States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Arrived & Parked!

I just wanted to let you all know that I got up at 3 am and Ms. Southwind was on the roll by 3.30 am! Traffic was almost none when first started and then it picked up a bit, but nothing like thought it might be.

Around 6 am found a parking park and since I was still sleepy decided to pull over and get a bit more zzzz. Turned on the generator and plugged Ms.Southwind into it. So was able to use the air conditioner and be nice and comfy while slept. To my delight the generator ran the air just great!! It was the first time had actually plugged Ms. Southwind into the generator. Even perked morning coffee. (sorry i forgot to get a picture)

There were several other campers and trucks getting some rest as well. Got up around 9.30 am and the traffic was starting to get heavy so I took the dogs potty and loaded back up and was on the road by 9.45 am. I called the park I had finally got reservations at on Sunday and let them know I was about 5 1/2 hrs away and i asked if they had any place I could park or if needed to find a truck stop or rest area. The lady was great and said to come on in and that they would find a spot, there was no need to park without hookups. That was great and just what i wanted to hear!!

Arrived around 2.45 pm and got checked in and backed into the site and all hooked up and safely tucked away. The park was a bit expensive for my budget but with all the excitement had no choice. It was $54 for 2 nights, have cable, wifi, swimming pool, grocery store, laundry, propane. So for what they have the price isn't bad, but most of the time I don't need all their extras. I'm just grateful that I've found a spot to park!!

So far the park is fairly empty but they said that they are completely booked for the storm and holiday weekend. They are actually double booked and all sites will be piggy backing with other campers.

Lucky for me by getting here early I got a site on the edge of the woods and have at least one window that has a view of the woods. Plus no one will be parked directly behind me either. I have a bit more breathing room for the dogs.

I will keep you all updated as much as i can ... Until later .............

No comments: