States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Weekend


I just had to share this picture with you all. I took it this afternoon. It's of Lucy, doesn't she look like she has a hard life?
In fact i truly believe she thinks she is human and not an animal.
She loves to lay on her back in or in your arms. She is a one spoiled girl big time. If only we all could have a life like her.


Saturday was spent doing nothing ... I spent the morning picking up again. The grass is terrible when it gets wet and tracks indoors. It's miserably hot outdoors, so the day was spent trying to stay cool inside. At 11 pm i took the dogs for their nightly walk and it was still unbarable.
Sunday morning i had to do laundry, 5 loads! My where does it all come from? With it being so hot and humid and lots of sweeting, there is no way to get more then 1 day out of a set of clothing!

Later in the afternoon i went and did the grocery shopping. Ughh .. I had been doing really good staying on a budget. But with the prices on the rise, I decided to start stocking up on things for a just in case. I have been buying items that come on sale and have a long shelf life. My cabnits are over flowing with stocked up food. I have noticed that food prices seem to be higher here then in Florida. Although it may be that prices are on the rise everywhere. I went over on the food budget last month. With the price of meat like it is, i'm thinking I'm going to have to up the food budget or stop eating meat .... hmmmmmm .. Another added expense is bottled water, with the heat and all, I have doubled what I went through before.
Last night i was in no mood to cook so i went and got Long John Silver's and it was really good. Yes, expensive and more then i could of cooked at home, but it is nice sometimes not to have to cook and clean up the mess.
We had a cool front come in this evening and it's been a beautiful evening. I've spent most of it sitting outside and enjoying the nice cool breeze. Elaine stopped by and we visited for a while and then she had to go home to get things ready for another work week.
I did a bit of work outside and mostly just relaxed until 1 am! I just didn't want to go inside. Well time for bed, hope you all had a great weekend ....

No comments: