States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, August 11, 2008

Where have I been?

Wow, where have i been and what have i been up too? Well lets see ......

On Friday Tammy asked me if i'd like to check out one of the local malls and of course i couldn't turn her down. So i got dressed and we left around 10 am to go check out some of the stores. They have some great stores that i plan to go back to at a later date. Sorry i forgot my camera so no pics. We had lunch at Long John Silvers and got back home around 3 pm. I was exhausted!! Although i was proud of myself, other then a $1.50 soda and $5 bucks for lunch i spent no money!!

Luckily before i had left that morning i had put a roast in the crock pot and it cooked as i shopped. So i put in the carrots and peeled the tators and got them to cooking.

Later in the evening when the sun was down a bit and it was a bit cooler I sat outside and visited with Tammy, her husband and grand children. It's still pretty warm outside, it was a very hot day today!

On Saturday Tammy and I had made plans on Friday to get up early and go to the local flea market. So i was up by 7.30 am!! Well actually 5 am, back to sleep around 6 am and then up for good at 7.30 am. Got dressed, got the dogs out to potty and it was time to leave.

Sorry forgot the camera again ... yes i know ... i'm terrible at remembering the thing! The flea market wasn't very packed and i only spent $3 on junk .. and $5 on produce.... hehe i purchased 2 more screw dog thingies, as i broke one of mine the other day trying to tighten while the strap to the awning was on it. I also picked up a wire brush for a buck! I purchased, red tomatoes, green tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and yellow squash. OOOps ... I also spent $3 on 2 soda's but that was all for the entire day. Hmmm not bad .. $10 bucks for a enjoying day and fresh produce on top of it!! We sat and listened to their live entertainment. It was nice & cool. They have a nice covered pavilion with huge fans. The kids enjoyed being able to run around and dance. Around 3 pm we decided it was time to head to the grocery store. She needed something for dinner and so did I. We both spent around $40 bucks on groceries. They had meat, soda and other things i needed on sale.

I made BLT sandwiches for dinner. Later we all relaxed sitting outside and then retired to our own homes.

I was exhausted again but enjoyed myself having too much fun!

Sunday Tammy asked if i would ride with her to show here where the local Save A-lot store was and of course i said sure. We also hit the Dollar Tree, Big Lots and Dollar General store that was close by. We both spent way too much money but Save A-lot is where i do most of my shopping and it's my stock up store. I forgot to bring bags and she was like, why didn't you tell me. I told her i'm used to being in my own car, i keep my bags in the trunk. So i volunteered to search for boxes as she had the kids to watch. Finally with our groceries boxed up we headed home for the guys to carry them in.

I was exhausted and since i don't cook on weekends I wanted Long John's again! Yes, i've eaten it 3 times in a week! Ughhhh

That was my weekend of having too much fun. Today (Monday) is a day of being spent inside as it started raining around 5 am and has rained most of the day. Yes, once again i have water almost up to my steps. Ughhhhh. The bad thing is the campground is pretty full and so there are not many spots to move to. Plus i enjoy having Tammy behind me.

Hope you all had a great weekend....

No comments: