States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay!!

Thursday ....

Tammy stopped by and picked me up and we went and did the laundry ... ughhh it seems that is all i ever do! I stripped the beds, washed the dog's covers, rugs and clothes. That chore is done for a week! Afterwards, we came home and man did we ever have loud thunder and big lightening streaks.

The dogs were are trembling and trying to hide near me. All that noise and lightening it just barely rained. I bet another place got a down pour though.

I put away the laundry, did my dishes and picked up the RV. I also started the RV today, as i hadn't done that in a few weeks.

Friday .....

I spent the day cleaning the RV, i needed to defrost the freezer and wash out the frig. I also put some meat balls & a couple stuffed peppers in the crock pot for dinner. Later i cooked some spag and that was dinner. It was good too!!

Later in the evening was spent outside visiting with Tammy and her family.

Sat ....

Tammy and I went to the flea market and got our fresh produce for the week. Then we went to Save A-Lot to stock up on supplies. They are not sure if we are going to be affected by the tropical storm Fay. So we decided to be safe then sorry. When i got home I loaded all the outside stuff up and put the awning in. The campground manager said that if the winds got 60 miles or higher everyone would have to either pull their RV to the over flow area where the wind is blocked more, but we'd have no elec and could stay in the shower house during the ruff part of the storm, or we could pack up and leave and come back afterwards. So I have the dolly hooked up and the car is packed down ready to roll if need be. Also filled the fresh water tank, purchased bottled water. They said today on the news that homes that were not permanently secured should be prepared to evacuate.

Although this evening it's looking like it's breaking up and we may not even get any of the rain. I'm hoping.

No comments: