States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Baking Cookies

023

Oh my it was a very cold and windy night last night. Mrs. Southwind was rocked all night long with winds gusting up to 40 mph! The temps dropped to a low of 13 and I'm not sure what the wind chill was other then it’s really cold here.

The high today on my weather bug was 21 and it’s reading 15 right now at 8.22 pm. They are saying it’s suppose to get as low as 7 degrees tonight. Brrrr that is just way too cold for me anymore. We had snow flurries and even a bit of snow on the curb in front of Mrs. Southwind. It was way to cold for me to take any pictures. My back couldn’t take going out in that stuff.

001Since i needed to help the electric heater out i decided to bake some cookies. So i decided since my back isn’t going to let up anytime soon and spending the last few days in bed i was going bed crazy. I baked oatmeal raison, choc chip and butterscotch/white choc chip cookies. They turned out very good and tasted very good on a cold winter day.

Later in the evening i put some chicken breast in the oven for dinner. Steamed some Brussel sprouts and that was dinner. Chicken was very good and the oven helped keep us warm and cozy inside.

The rest of the evening was spent playing on the computer and watching tv

Hope you are all warm and comfy where ever you may be… I’m counting the days until we can head to hopefully warmer climate. Although this cold spell has seemed to hit several places and if it’s not cold/snow/ice then their having flooding with all the rain. Although i have to admit i will take the rain and warmth any day over the cold. My body just doesn’t adjust like it use to with the cold. It prefers warmer weather.

Have a good night and until next time ….

No comments: