States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

xani221
Texas

I spent my morning just lazing around enjoying quiet time with hubby. Later our oldest son called and we talked to our grand daughter. Then it was time to get ready to go to the shelter for a potluck lunch. I made a fruit salad to take with the cup cakes. It was great spending Christmas with other whom are dealing with their own circumstance.
cabn1
I wasn’t sure exactly what today would be like. I received a blessing by being able to witness to a lady who needed comfort. The lady lost her only sibling a little over 6 months ago due to a drug overdose. I know from personal experience about drug overdose and losing a sister.
christmas-kid-001z
It’s amazing how in 2 more days it will have been 13 yrs ago that my entire life was turned upside down and had you told me then that my life would be as it today i would never believed it. Today makes me realize that even though I'm going through my own circumstances life could be worse. Not only that but with God’s help I can endure anything through his love.
We had a very nice turn out. The lady over the shelter furnished the ham & turkey and lots of people brought in other dishes to go along. There were lots of different choices and the children were excited about the gifts they got but …..
cmskd1z
After the meal we sang Christmas songs and then it was time to clean up. After all the work was done and we had time to play some us spent the afternoon playing games and enjoying fellowship. I got home around 6.30 pm and hubby enjoyed his plate i fixed for him.
christmasmusic1I am happy to say it’s been a good Christmas because of others and for that i am deeply grateful. God Bless you all and may you embrace his grace and love this holiday season.
From hubby and I to all of you and until next time ….

No comments: