States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Last night was quite a night, we had tornado warnings all around us, but luckily for us no severe storms here. It has gotten colder all day long and it’s went between rain and a bit of freezing but no accumulation. I spent the entire day inside and no i didn’t get dressed .. YES i spent the entire day in my flannels .. hehe

041 040

I did do something other then play games .. since Ms. Southwind furnace still isn’t fixed i decided to do some baking so that i could use the oven for heat. I baked choc & vanilla cup cakes and decorated them with red icing for Christmas. I kept about 10 cup cakes for us and the rest are for tomorrow. I have 2 of these round pans and each pan has 30 cup cakes for the pot luck I'm attending tomorrow at the shelter. I’m hoping they will go over good with the kids.

After i finished baking i decided i better fix us something to eat. It was hamburgers and French fries tonight. After dinner i got me a shower and just took it easy tonight. It’s very cold here. My weather bug says it’s only 34 degrees! Dang i came to Texas to get away from the cold. It seems the cold and rain follow me no matter where i am. What is it with this cold weather following me?

Tonight i have been thinking about my mom. Today was her birthday. I know she is in heaven and pain free and that gives me comfort. I know that we will meet again in heaven some day and she is enjoying being with my brother Steven and my sister Bobbi Jo.

Speaking of sisters .. I got a wonderful Christmas present this year. I talked to my sister Patty Wednesday morning early and she told me that i had a older sister that we never knew about. She found out that my dad has a daughter that is older then my oldest brother Ronnie. My sister Patty went and met her Tuesday. Her name is Cheryl and she is 52. She is meeting the family Sunday. Unfortunately i will not get to meet her until i return, but I'm so excited and I'm looking forward to getting to know her. Isn’t that a wonderful Christmas gift?

Cell phone and internet is not very good here where we are so if you do not hear from me don’t worry. It’s because i can’t get out. Sometimes the wifi works and other times it doesn’t.

I want to wish you all a Happy Christmas Eve and God Bless you all … until next time ….

No comments: