States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, December 14, 2009

What a day!

I got up this morning and got Ms. Southwind cleaned up. She was looking great and then i decided i needed gifts for the boys.

001I decided to do some baking. I haven’t baked for my kids for some time and so i made a trip to Aldie’s and Wal-mart and got the ingredients i needed to … first on the list was to make home made caramel cinnamon rolls. My boys love them ….

003

Next on the list was rocky road fudge and almond bark candy. Of course these 2 are so easy to do. After all the mess making it was time to clean up the kitchen. This is my Christmas gift to my sons.

002

Christmas has become so commercialized that i do not enjoy it like i did years back. Christmas used to be my favorite time of the year but I'm not so sure of that anymore. I still enjoy the lights, the true meaning and spiritual part of Christmas, i just don’t enjoy all the commercial stuff that the TV and stores do anymore. In my opinion they take away from the true meaning of the season. To me the true meaning of Christmas .. giving from the heart and giving to one who is less fortunate. I taught my kids to have compassion and be giving to others.

When my youngest son called me a few weeks ago and told me that he had just gotten home from taking care packages he had purchased for the troops and toys that he had bought for less fortunate children i have to admit i had tears in my eyes and my heart swelled with pride. I felt that i had succeed in teaching my children the true meaning of Christmas after all. He told me he wanted to continue the Christmas tradition and since his brother had his own family are struggling times he felt it was his Christmas gift to himself. I’m so proud of you Gabe and I love you.

No comments: