States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Down in the back!

Ugh I'm not sure if it’s the rain, the cold or over doing it lately. I’m down in my back big time. I have spent my entire weekend in bed. To top it off it only got in the low 30’s for the high today and then it got colder then they forecasted for last night and no heat due to no electric. No, hubby still doesn’t have our furnace fixed … grrrrr

After putting in a miserable night of my back hurting and not being able to get out of bed because of the cold. Around 4.30 am, i bit the bullet and lit the oven to get some heat. Hubby doesn’t like for me to use the oven for heat but i cracked the bedroom vent so fresh air could come inside. Finally around 5 am hubby woke up and since he heard some one else had their generator running he decided to go ahead and start ours. Normally we try not to run our generator after 10.30 pm or before 8 am when others are parked near us unless we have to.

Hubby said we’d run the generator so i could use my heating pads we also took advantage of the electricity hooked up the electric heater, hubby got his coffee pot going and plugged in the electric water heater for baths later . The heat felt good on my back and within no time i was finally asleep. Hubby got online and read the news, he also watched some early morning TV. I got up around 8.30 am. My friend Dorothy called to see if i was going to church today and i told her no i wasn’t feeling well. I was back to bed by 9 am. Once it warmed up enough and i was back to sleep hubby shut down the generator.

It did warm up to the 40’s today. Around noon I got up and we headed to Wal-mart to get some supplies for the week. We were out of tp and that isn’t a good thing. Just going inside of Wal-mart wore me out and got the spasms started again so it was back to bed for me. I slept most of the afternoon sleeping with help of my pain med’s. I got up around 7 pm and am laying in bed posting these post to you. Although i’m going to take a hot shower and head back to bed.

Hope you had a better weekend then i did .. until next time ….

No comments: