States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

2010

I got up this morning and it’s hard to believe that we are now in the year of 2010! I have spent my morning thinking about the years past. I thought about the earlier years of my life and i honestly couldn’t remember how i spent my new year day as a child. I don’t have to many good members of life as a child due to environment in which i was brought up. In fact I've spent a lot of time trying to erase some of the memories i do have. Then i thought about the early years when my children were small. New Years was usually spent with a pizza junk food party with family and friends. Eating and playing games and enjoying the fellowship. New Years Day was spent relaxing, eating of course watching the rose bowl and then football. Then came one of the worst things that has happened to me in my life. My back injury. I spent years disabled and confined to bed. But this year It’s the beginning of a new year and I've decided instead of feeling sorry for poor me and thinking about the past of what life used to be like it’s time to start being thankful for what i have right now.

My new resolution is to prosper. To be thankful and praise God for what i have today. Not have a pity party of what life used to be like. Yes life was easier before injury and illness. Today i am thankful to see the new year. Yes i still struggle with my disability and illness but the minister really hit home last Sunday when he talked of prosperous.

I have thought this week about that sermon and how right he was. Prosperous doesn’t just mean how much money one can make, how much material things you own, it can mean many different things.

2010-a So I’ve decided for the year of 2010 I am going to try to prosper in my health, my relationship with God and what i can do for others. To prosper i don’t have to have money, i can prosper by giving what i have to give, such as witnessing to others, praying and doing what God has kept me on this earth to do. I can try to eat healthier, i can take better care of myself, i can make myself walk everyday even if it’s only a few feet or a mile. What ever my body can physically give. I am going to try to be more faithful in reading my bible and my relationship with God.

Instead of wishing for what others may have I'm going to be thankful for what today brings and what i do have. If I'm having a bad day, I'm going to try to remember to be thankful to God that i am still here for another day. It may not be the best of days, but oh well.

I’m sure this will be a struggle to do and I'm going to give it my best. Will this happen everyday, i doubt it, after all i am human and far from perfect.

I spent the rest of my afternoon doing laundry and cleaning up Ms. Southwind as i hadn’t really done to much cleaning lately with all my visiting and running around.

I would like to wish you all a prosperous New Year .. I look forward to sharing my journey through the year of 2010 with all of you … Until next time … God Bless us all

No comments: