States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Windy Cold Day

I have spent the entire day inside of Ms. Southwind. The dogs haven’t even wanted outside. I open the door they run and do their thing and right back inside. The wind is blowing and it’s cold. This morning was very cold and after the lunch the sun finally came out and warmed up to a high 33 degrees! Tonight they are predicting the temp to dip to 19 and tomorrow a high of 28 with lows of 15! I thought i was escaping the fridge temps of the north by coming south. Although i talked to my sister today and she said that they had 4” of snow and were barely in the double digits so I'm not complaining.

I also got some not so good news today. My sister took my dad to the doctor and he has bladder cancer and is having surgery Jan 12th. So please remember my dad in your prayers.

The past few days i have been kind of in a daily routine. I get up and get things picked up and dishes done. Then I've been doing my morning bible study and quiet time. After lunch i go and volunteer at the home. I have been going in the afternoons and working a few hrs going through food donations they have received. I basically sit or stand and read expiration dates and then put the food items on a cart and stock them in their pantry. It’s not much but what little i do get done is a great help. With the economy and all we all need to help in what ever way we can. I have to admit I'm exhausted when i get home. Then it’s dinner time and after dinner i spend my time just relaxing and playing on the computer. One of my favorite past times.

I hope your all staying warm and until next time ….

No comments: