States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

003 I woke up early this morning, around 6 am. I guess my long nap yesterday had me fully rested. So i got up and slowly got myself together. Woke to a rather chilly and frosty outside morning. Although it’s warming up nicely and is suppose to be a beautiful day with temps in the mid 60’s!

Finally i did my dishes from yesterday. Yes i know … shame on me, but hey i did all the work i wanted yesterday and my back can only take so much work. After i finished the dishes i figured the huge black Friday crowds would be under control and i wanted to go to Hobby Lobby as they had their Christmas material 50% off and i needed a few more colors to have to start my Christmas quilt I'm going to make.

I haven’t really done much quilting since my back injury. Just the occasional baby quilt here and there for the families new arrivals. Being around Wanda and she is a great quilter put that desire back in me. I decided i was going to try to get a bit more of my life back since my injury and illness. I am going to start quilting again. It may take me a year, it may take me 2 years or even longer, but I'm going to start doing a hobby that i loved dearly. Quilting is a very special hobby to me because i learned to do it from hubby’s dear sweat grandmother whom i loved and miss dearly. We spent hours together while she taught me. The best part of all was the bonding time we got from it all.

I doubt since Mr. Winter is around the corner and as soon as we can were going to head south for the winter. But my plans when i get back in the summer is to go through storage and find some of the quilting things i have saved from grandma’s stuff.

After going to Hobby Lobby we stopped by the Good Will Store and picked up several pairs of dress pants and 2 brand new belts for hubby. He got several pairs of pants with the tags still on them and the belts. We got a good deal and once again i couldn’t find much for me. I am in the size that is hard to find it appears. Just my luck. What actually caused us to go to Good Will is some how i got hubby and Gabe’s dress pants mixed up when i packed Gabe’s clothes up and his navy blue ones he put on the other day would not button and went to the middle of his calves … LOL It wasn’t funny when he kept trying to tell me that he had a problem. I thought he meant i hadn’t pressed his pants and I kept telling him he was fine, just put them on i pressed them and he kept saying you don’t understand, something is wrong. Finally i got frustrated as i was trying to get dressed and when i came out of the bathroom i started laughing. It was a hilarious even though it wasn’t …. LOL Needless to say he had to end up wearing a pair of pants not pressed because there was no time for me to press his other pair. Come to find out Gabe got 2 pairs of his pants and hubby has 2 pairs of Gabe’s pants. Although Gabe probably hasn’t noticed since he has put on a few pounds and gotten taller since he moved out so I'm sure he was happy to have hubby’s pants … LOL I forgot to ask him when i talked to him yesterday … lol

Then we stopped by a dollar store and back to Ms. Southwind. It’s been a nice day and the traffic was pretty heavy, there appears to be lots of shoppers out today, of course that is normal for Black Friday.

Once i got back to Ms. Southwind since it was 62 degrees out, i took the dogs on a walk and then i came back and took down the fall window clings i had up on Ms. Southwind and put up her Christmas ones. I took down the fall wreath and need to make one for Christmas. After that i was exhausted and took a shower and put on my pj’s to spend my evening hopefully finding a Christmas program and watching it. I love Christmas stories! Until next time … have a good one ….

2 comments:

Paula said...

It was so weird reading your post today about quilting. I just got back into quilting myself. I quilted about 20 years ago. I haven't quilted since our house burnted down. This past August I was in a quilt shop here and said"oh what the heck" I signed up for a class and I am hooked again. I got all my quilting stuff packed and ready to go with us. We pull out of here on Wednesday. (hoping the weather will allow that)We are heading straight south into IL and will pick up I55 down into MS and then into LA.
We will have to share experiences. Happy quilting to you.

Pennie said...

Paula,

Wish i was heading that way with you! I'm stuck here in Missouri until after doctor appointment in December.

I hope you have a great winter and have tons of fun getting back into quilting. It's a great hobby.