States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Saturday, November 14, 2009

On the road

0043

Today is the day, Yep it’s time to hit the road. I love moving day! Here is Ms. Southwind all ready to pull out. We pulled out around 9 am.

005

There was some traffic, more then hubby thought there would be for a Saturday. I’ve never seen I-44 with no traffic.

006 007

011

Here is Lexi enjoying the ride … she loves to go to new places. Lexi has been with the family since April 08. She has adjusted so well to the full time life style. Lexi belonged to my son Gabe and his ex girlfriend. When they broke up she was Gabe’s side kick. Gabe moved in with us and when he left, he couldn’t take lexi as the no pets allowed rule. His apartment he is in is still a no pets allowed. Although at this point I'm not sure that I'd part with her. She has become my buddy.

012

Duke and Dolly snuggling together. The dogs love it when Ms. Southwind is on the road. Her large windshield give them such a beautiful view.

013

I just love the scenery in Missouri. I think the rocks are so neat. In all 18 states I've seen in my opinion Missouri is still one of the most beautiful. As you can see the leaves are gone and the trees are bare for the close approaching winter.

014 015

It wasn’t too long before we started getting into the hills of Missouri. The traffic was come and go but it was a beautiful day for traveling.

016

017 018

Farther into Missouri and the more south you get the rolling hills are more and more. It’s a good thing none on board have problem with car sickness.

019

Isn’t this a beautiful scenery picture? Looking off into the distance.

020

021

Here is Lucy resting peacefully along our journey.

022

Here is hubby driving Ms. Southwind. Shhh don’t tell i took his picture, he doesn’t like to be on my blog and he hates his picture taken … hehe of course i just couldn’t resist.

025

The hills started getting bigger and bigger. Up we’d go and then down we’d go

026 027 028 029 030 031

I had to snap this picture, a town called Sleeper … hmmm Normally when i see an interesting named town i don’t have my camera out or on but today i did!

032

Missouri is known for it’s caves and I'm sure your all aware of the Meramec Cavern’s, Jessie James Cave but i thought this Cave had a great name … hmmm I have to admit I'm not into caves. Poking my head inside is about it for me as I'm claustrophobia.

036

Around 3 pm we arrived in Springfield, MO and are at our temporary destination. How long we will be here, we do not know. We have several friends here and plan to do some things with them. We are currently parked in a Christian organization parking lot. Isn’t it great that were getting to park in a parking lot with hook ups for free?

After getting settled in, hubby was in heaven as he gets like 8 TV channels and he got to watch a football game last night! TV isn’t something we have gotten to watch that much as we’ve been in areas where getting a good station with the digital TV where it doesn’t cut out constantly. Most of the time when it gets to the part you want to see the picture goes out and says no signal. I usually get frustrated at having to constantly try to tune it that it gets my blood pressure up so i just put a DVD in.

I did take the dogs for a walk and luckily i was on the pavement but in the grass was a snake! Of course i screamed! It was just a little garden snake but any snake is a bad one. The dogs paid no attention to it but of course i didn’t give them the chance to check it out, we were out of there.

Hope you all had a great day, it’s been a very good day for us and we are happy to be in our new place safe and sound.

No comments: