States we've Traveled

States we've Traveled

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Tribute to Ms Southwind

Monday, November 16, 2009

Missouri

004




Here is where Ms. Southwind is parked. We are not in an RV park but in the parking lot of Assembly of God and what is so great is that we have full hookups for $4 s day.. neat huh? Since we are going to stay a bit longer then planned we need to pay for staying here. The weekend was free of charge but any longer then that a small fee is asked. I think it's a great deal! I can't run the generator for that much a day.

006

As you can see this is a very nice size building with a huge yard!

011





This building behind the larger building has a full kitchen, washer and dryer and full bathroom. It is free to use why your visiting here. Nice huh?

015




As you can see we are not the only one parked in this lot. Several other campers are here but there doesn’t appear to be anyone at them.


007





Can you see Ms. Southwind she is settled in nicely. Of course she is the oldest one in the lot and that is something that is normally the case. I’ve been asked why i have a older RV. How i live without slides. My response is I’m happy living inside of Ms. Southwind.

008



I don’t need slide outs, i don’t need a newer RV and i esp don’t need payments! Ms. Southwind is paid for, she offers all that i need. She gets me from place to place. She provides me with shelter from the heat and cold. I have all my needs met by living inside of her.




012


To me Ms. Southwind is a wonderful place to call home and i truly enjoy the adventures I've experienced with her. Yes, she is old, but so am I. I don’t have to worry about the dogs bringing in mud, having an accident as age does that to you. I don’t worry when my grandkids come visit that something will get ruined. If i had a new one i would be so picky and worried about all of these things. I have turned Ms. Southwind into my home and we are a perfect fit.


013[3]


In the picture below you can see how close I am parked to the free laundry facility.


016


I got up this morning and got coffee going then we went over to take a tour inside. Visited and then i came back and did a couple loads of laundry and straightened up inside of Ms. Southwind. It’s been cold and raining here most of the day and so i decided that Chili would be good for dinner. I made a pot of Chili and then walked over to the bread store next door to check out some goodies. I got a loaf of name brand bread for $1.00, honey buns 3/$1.00 and 2 blueberry pies for 2/$1.00.


I spent the evening playing online with the free wifi from the motel across the street. Life is good, although I'd be much happier if it was much warmer where i could get outside. Hope your all having a great night and until next time ……

2 comments:

Dave & Pam said...

we enjoy following you on your blog please note some of the blog i s covered by some of the pictures.keep up the good work on your blog, Dave Holmes

Pennie said...

Hey Pam is that better? It doesn't show up like that on my end so it's hard to fix ... hehe

Thanks for following me, when you guys heading south for the winter?